A Mega Mission called "Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana" (CMSGUY) has been proposed with the main objective of increasing farm income in the state of Assam. Assam Milk, Meat & Egg Mission will play a crucial role in acheiving this goal. It will work in co ordination with the Mega Mission under its overall supervision and mentoring.
- To contribute towards the goal of increasing farm income in Assam by 2021-22, to commemorate 75th year of India’s Independence.
- Focused interventions through organizing and strengthening the existing and new dairy groups such as Dairy Cooperative Societies(DCS), Livestock Cooperative Societies (LCS), Self Help Groups (SHGs), Milk Producers Institutions (MPI).
- To make dairy activities their prime livelihood and introduce location specific programmes as decided by the Assam Milk, Meat & Egg Mission Society (AMMEMS) in accordance with the overall supervision and guidance of MMS-CMSGUY.
- Location specific programs on pig and goat development.
- Support to individual/ SHG for backyard poultry farming.
- Support to entrepreneurs for establishment of commercial layer farms.
- To make the State self-sufficient in milk production
- Development of Dairies
- Surplus production of pigs with an objective to export to neighboring states
- To compensate the supply of Goats (Chevon/ Goat meat) in the state
- To reduce the gap between demand and production of eggs in the state
- Capacity building for income and employment generation
- Striving to achieve the goal of increasing the farm income by 2021-22, under the overall supervision, guidance and mentorship of Mega Mission Society-CMSGUY.
- Ctreating an empowered management mechanism, through participation of the A. H. & Veterinary Department and collaboration with various Government Departments/autonomous bodies/educational institutions including NGOs etc.
- Bringing out innovative and new ideas for effective implementation.
- Convergence and implementation of all the schemes under various agencies to ensure maximum outcome.
- Engaging efficient manpower, technical support, guidance and supply of necessary data to achieve the goals.
- Imparting knowledge and training to the Block Mission /Village level Program Implementation Team in the relevant fields.
- Preparing the Annual Action Plan in the beginning of the year.
- Preparing state level macro plan in a comprehensive manner to make the Mission successful.
- Establishing market linkages/mechanisms inside and outside the state to market the produce of various stake holders
- Involving all the Departments/Agencies in an appropriate way to support the Mission.
- Supervising / Monitoring the implementation of PIPs.
- Acting as an interface between the Block Mission Team and the Mega Mission.
- Making rules, regulations and by-laws for various activities of the Mission.
- Receiving/accepting funds from the MMS-CMSGUY. Mobilizing funds from other sources for implementing schemes and for other expenses meant for achieving the objectives of the Mission.
- Preparing annual, monthly and quarterly reports on accounts of the Mission.
- Taking all necessary actions for the achievement of the objectives of the Mission.
- Establishing contracts with various vendor, suppliers and consultants for designing, implementation and maintenance of projects under CMSGUY.
- Hiring technical consultants and staff for various requirement in the Mission with the approval of the MMS-CMSGUY.