The Directorate of Dairy Development, initially based all their activities on the concept of procurement, processing and distribution of milk. One of their major aim being the economic upliftment of rural milk producers and extending help to the urban consumers to get good quality milk at a reasonable price. However, there has been a change in the department's agenda.
The proposed SDGs are based on this new agenda:
A) Act as a facilitator to dairy farmers and other stakeholders
B) Act as a regulator of market milk and other products to ensure food safety as per statutory provisions
Under these role the department will engage in activities like:
- Awareness and capacity building of stakeholders in the sector
- Exposure visits for Farmers & Departmental Officers
- Formation of DCSs, Milk Unions and Dairy Federation.
- Creation of need based infrastructures for various stakeholders
- Quality check of milk and milk products under FSSAI
- Check and inspect trading and manufacturing facilities of milk and milk products in the state
To download the Seven years strategic plan & Three years action plan (2017-18 TO 2019-20), click on the link below: